Sign in or
- Ustream - Video feed with chat room of the class meeting.
- Twitter (http://twitter.com/idt7078) - Use #idt7078 to tag your tweets as being related to this PLC.
- Follow the backchannel by searching our Twitter hashtag (#idt7078) via Twitter Search (formerly Summize). Refresh your search page occasionally to update your search.
- Probably a live blogging session at http://clifmims.com/blog. This will occur late in tonight's class meeting.
- Please begin bringing headphones (and a mic) with you to class.
- I think that I have granted you permission to access all the editing tools on this wiki. Check by clicking on the More tools link above and seeing if you have more than 2 options now.
- Remember to help develop the Glossary. You may also add words that are not yet listed.
- We'll be learning to use Diigo tonight. Please sign-up for an account if you have not already done so. Feel free to set-up a "dummy account" if you wish.
- If interested, sign-up for and setup your own Ustream account and show. Be sure to:
- Welcome, Q&A, Noteworthy
- Assigning authorship to modules (order, include me or others?)
- Photos for the Ustream, flickr, etc.
- New thoughts on this topic
- Assessing Digital Work
- Brainstorm the issues related to internet safety.
- Determine and rank the 5 most important from your brainstorming.
- Begin developing strategies for dealing with your group's 5 most important issues.
- Prepare to share your ideas with everyone.
- Tool Time
- Keep your reflective journal
- DUE: Further development of Modules
- Please bring headphones (and a mic) to class.
- DUE: Consider the following questions/activities from Tom Barrett in preparations for his guest visit.
- Voicethread has been one of the most important tools I have used this year in terms of online collaboration. What pedagogical doors does Voicethread unlock for a teacher?
- You may have noticed we have been using Google Docs quite extensively in my year group (9-10 yr olds), I asked my children about the biggest challenge they faced when using it collaboratively and the aspect they enjoyed the most. What do you think they said?
- This is a picture from one of my lessons - but what does it reveal about my classroom? What does it mean to you?
- DUE: Review Connecting to Information and/or What Is RSS for an introduction to RSS. Then review What Is RSS and Why Should I Care.
- DUE: Look over (You don't necessarily need to read every word, watch every video, etc. due to time constraints) the following modules and reflect on how the content and related technologies impact you personally and professionally.
Latest page update: made by clifmims
, Jan 8 2009, 11:48 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by clifmims
1 image added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.