coined the term "digital native" to describe today's students who have grown up immersed in the world of technology. According to Prensky, the current generation of students actually think and process information much different than previous generations. Instructors are finding that they must rethink their teaching methods and strategies in order to engage this group of students.
With the growing number of students who possess a cell phone or smart phone, teachers are beginning to explore ways to incorporate these mobile devices into their lesson plans and classroom activities. This module contains resources and information on this emerging trend within education. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mobile LearningDefinitions of Mobile Learning
- Definition of mLearning or mobile learning - From Wikipedia
- Mobile Learning versus E-Learning-Is There a Difference? - From OPEN EDUCATION
- A mobile learning definition for my campus - From Mobile Dot
- Mobile Learning-Towards a definition - From 2Learn2Gether
Smart Phones and Cell Phones in Education Cellphones as Learning Tools - YouTube Video
- Posted by Dean Shareski
- "Craik School in Saskatchewan Canada is exploring the use of cellphones as learning tools. This video highlights the work of Carla Dolman and Gord Taylor and the grade 8 and 9 students of Craik School."