Sign in or
|Authors: Clif Mims and Rachel Bold||Table of Contents|
| || |
For all you multi-taskers out there, this video is like a two-for-one special. You get an excellent introduction to Social Bookmarking and a brief tutorial on Del.icio.us. You can't beat it.
Popular Social Bookmarking Services
Video overview and tutorial for Diigo
Social Bookmarking in Educational Settings
Why Would Teachers Use Diigo? -- ClifMims posted this question in two places on the Internet and teachers from around the world have contributed their responses to help you understand the potential impact that Diigo can make in your classroom.
- Wikipedia's overview of social bookmarking
- Tagging Play - Forget Dewey and His Decimals, Internet Users Are Revolutionizing the Way We Classify Information and Make Sense of It - by Lee Rainie, Director, Pew Internet and American Life Project
- Top 100 Tools for Learning — Delicious ranked first (prior to Diigo upgrade).
- Library Journal explains why Tags Help Make Libraries Del.icio.us.
- 7 things you should know about Social Bookmarking (PDF) is a primer from a university perspective, written by EDUCAUSE.
- How Delicious is changing academic research: a PhD student says “Delicious is the Rome, Jerusalem, and Paris of my existence as an academic these days. It’s where I make my friends, how I get the news, and where I go to trade.”
- A PBS Teachers blog takes “a look at the wonderful world of del.icio.us”.
- A collection of links to libraries that use Del.icio.us, including many university libraries, with additional links to resources and tools.
- All about social bookmarking tools on the Teaching Hacks wiki.
- Social bookmarking on the Classroom 2.0 wiki.
- Networking with Del.icio.us — a short screencast by an instructional technology specialist which explains “your network” and “links for you”.
Britta Gustafson - Has a great blog entry on social bookmarking in education that provided many of these resources.
Ongoing ConversationNotes, resources, ideas, activities, etc., related to this topc can be posted here by anyone in an effort to continue the conversation.
Latest page update: made by kconger
, Aug 31 2009, 10:45 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Modules
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: clif mims edtech educational technology ict idt7078 instructional design instructional technology learning lesson plans lessons social bookmarking teaching web20
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.